As used in this policy, "personal information" means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number, or email address.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Services, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Services, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes by third parties, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- If Asian Hope is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Asian Hope will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Asian Hope is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Personal Information Asian Hope Collects
We may collect personal information through our Services, including without limitation:
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive updates from Asian Hope;
- when you subscribe to one of our email discussion lists;
- when you donate money to us or purchase merchandise.
What Asian Hope Does with Personal Information
Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive updates from Asian Hope in order to respond to your request – for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about Asian Hope news and campaigns.
When you subscribe to updates from us, your email address is sent to and stored in a database hosted on Asian Hope servers that can only be accessed by Asian Hope staff and contractors. In addition your email address may also be sent to other services with which Asian Hope has engaged to provide email support.
Donations. When you donate money to us or purchase merchandise, your personal information will be handled depending on which option you choose.
- If you purchase merchandise from the Asian Hope store (http://www.asianhope.org/gifts-for-good/), your personal information will be used for the purpose of sending you the items you purchased. If you sign up to receive updates from Asian Hope when you check out from the store, we will use your personal information to send you communications about Asian Hope news and campaigns.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not Asian Hope's’ practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share your personal information in two instances:
First, Asian Hope may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Services.
If Asian Hope is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Asian Hope will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Asian Hope is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Services
Asian Hope has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Asian Hope stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Services.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect
When you use the Services, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your "IP address") about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using.
We do not intentionally link browsing information or information from server logs to the personal information you submit to us. We use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Services are being used, to improve our Services, and for systems administration purposes. Asian Hope may use a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze non personal browsing information through operation of our Services for those same purposes.
No Selling or Sharing
Asian Hope discards non personal browsing information from our server logs once we have used the information for the limited purposes noted above, under "No Linking."
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
The Services are not directed at children under the age of 13. Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to Asian Hope through the Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Special Note to International Users
Effective Date: 2015-05-01 (May 1, 2015).